Thank you for asking what volunteer support and donations we need most right now. We are grateful to our community partners who help us meet specific requests from our staff and the people we serve. Together, we can make sure that people experiencing domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and crime have what they need to be safe and feel confident in their next steps.
When people donate to Cornerstone it is so important for them to know that they really are helping a lot of people who need it. I couldn’t have navigated the terrifyingly turbulent storms without Cornerstone. This organization is invaluable! – past Cornerstone participant
The following information is updated regularly in response to what we hear from our staff and our participants about their evolving current needs. The following list of needs was updated on 9/23/2020.
Due to COVID-19, volunteer opportunities are limited and restricted to outdoors only. We are assessing future individual and group volunteer opportunities on a case-by-case basis to ensure the health and safety of all of our volunteers and to comply with Minnesota’s Stay Safe order.
- Individuals or groups of six or fewer people are needed to assist with gardening and yard work at our Bloomington location. Tasks include weeding, trimming bushes and general garden maintenance. Yard waste bags will be provided.
- We’re seeking applicants in their 20s and 30s to join our Young Professionals Board for the 2021-2022 term. The goal of Cornerstone’s Young Professionals Board (YPB) is to increase awareness and engage with the next generation of contributors. The YPB supports Cornerstone through consistent networking, marketing and fundraising efforts geared towards the under 40 crowd. Apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WZB9QXH
Please email Cornerstone’s volunteer coordinator at Crystalk@cornerstonemn.org with questions.
Cornerstone continues to provide critical supportive services to individuals and families in crisis. We need your continued financial support. Please consider making a donation to support victims / survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and general crime at mightycause.com/organization/Cornerstone.
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the items we are able to accept. We are unable to accept any items not listed below. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Cornerstone. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
We are only able to accept the following items at this time.
- Disinfecting wipes
- Cloth and disposable masks
- Purell hand sanitizer in pump dispensers
- $20-25 gift cards to big-box stores and grocery stores (Walmart, Target, Cub, etc.) so we can be flexible in meeting the most immediate needs of our participants
- SWAN (Stuff We All Need) bags that advocates can distribute to sexually exploited youth or adults – see the PDF for more information
- Specific items from our 2020 Amazon Wish List
- Adopt a Family Donors: Each year, Cornerstone invites community groups and individuals (adopters) to shop for and wrap gifts for Cornerstone families. Adopters will be matched with families in the fall and will receive wish lists provided by the families that contain gift ideas ranging from $20-40. Adopters will drop off the families’ wrapped gifts by appointment in early December to ensure physical distancing and safety. Cornerstone staff will distribute the gifts to the families. Please email email@example.com by October 5 to be an adopter. Learn more here (PDF).
Donations may be dropped off at our Bloomington location Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Please email Jennas@cornerstonemn.org once you’ve dropped off a donation so that we may record your gift and properly thank you. If you’d like to purchase items online and ship them to us, please use the following shipping address for Cornerstone:
Attn: Jenna S.
1000 East 80th Street
Bloomington, MN 55420
Cornerstone is unable to accept the following items at any time:
- Any used or gently-used items
- Any items with opened or damaged packaging
- Any items purchased more than one year ago
- Travel-sized personal care items
- Perishable food