Thank you for asking what volunteer support and donations we need most right now. We are grateful to our community partners who help us meet specific requests from our staff and the people we serve. Together, we can make sure that people experiencing domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and crime have what they need to be safe and feel confident in their next steps.
When people donate to Cornerstone it is so important for them to know that they really are helping a lot of people who need it. I couldn’t have navigated the terrifyingly turbulent storms without Cornerstone. This organization is invaluable! – past Cornerstone participant
The following information is updated regularly in response to what we hear from our staff and our participants about their evolving current needs. The following list of needs was updated on 4/5/2021.
Due to the pandemic, we do not have in-person volunteer opportunities available at this time. We will continue to assess the situation during the coming months and are hopeful that limited volunteer opportunities following strict COVID-19 precautions will resume at some point in 2021. Please check the current needs page for updates or sign up to receive monthly email updates from our volunteer coordinator.
Please email Cornerstone’s volunteer coordinator, Crystal, at Crystalk@cornerstonemn.org with questions.
Cornerstone continues to provide critical supportive services to individuals and families in crisis. We need your continued financial support. Please consider making a donation to support victims / survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and general crime at mightycause.com/organization/Cornerstone.
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the items we are able to accept. We are unable to accept any items not listed below. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Cornerstone. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
We are only able to accept the following items at this time.
- Boxes of disposable masks for adults
- Boxes of disposable masks for children
- Johnson’s baby wash, shampoo and lotion
- Full-size toothpaste (adults and kids)
- Individually-wrapped toothbrushes (full-size, please no toiletry sizes)
- Liquid hand soap in individual size containers
- Women’s ankle sock multi-pack
- Women’s multi-pack bikini or similar underwear (sizes S – XXL)
- Women’s deodorant
- Family-size body wash
- Family-size body lotion
- $20-25 gift cards to big-box stores and grocery stores (Walmart, Target, Cub, etc.) so we can be flexible in meeting the most immediate needs of our participants
- Specific items from our 2021 Amazon Wish List
Donations may be dropped off at our Bloomington location Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Please email Jennas@cornerstonemn.org once you’ve dropped off a donation so that we may record your gift and properly thank you. If you’d like to purchase items online and ship them to us, please use the following shipping address for Cornerstone:
Attn: Jenna S.
1000 East 80th Street
Bloomington, MN 55420
Cornerstone is unable to accept the following items at any time:
- Any used or gently-used items
- Any items with opened or damaged packaging
- Any items purchased more than one year ago
- Travel-sized personal care items
- Perishable food