Thank you for asking what volunteer support and donations we need most right now. We are grateful to our community partners who help us meet specific requests from our staff and the people we serve. Together, we can make sure that people experiencing domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and crime have what they need to be safe and feel confident in their next steps.
When people donate to Cornerstone it is so important for them to know that they really are helping a lot of people who need it. I couldn’t have navigated the terrifyingly turbulent storms without Cornerstone. This organization is invaluable! – past Cornerstone participant
The following information is updated regularly in response to what we hear from our staff and our participants about their evolving current needs. The following list of needs was updated on 9/15/2021.
As of June 8, 2021, Cornerstone is now allowing outdoor volunteering for individuals and groups up to 15 people. Additional off-site opportunities are also available. Please sign up to receive monthly email updates from our volunteer coordinator.
The following volunteer opportunities are available. Last updated 9/15/2021
Tutor Middle and High School Students:
Cornerstone is looking for adults to tutor middle school and high school students on Mondays and Thursdays from 4-6 pm beginning in October. Please note: You will be required to wear an N95 mask while indoors, which Cornerstone can provide, and some of the students may not have received the COVID-19 vaccine. If you are interested, please reach out to Crystal at Crystalk@cornerstonemn.org.
Provide a Meal for Shelter Residents:
With the continued suspension of our Tuesday evening Make-A-Meal program, Cornerstone is looking for volunteer groups or individuals who are willing to provide approximately 15 boxed meals for our shelter families and staff. You are welcome to select a restaurant of your choice and deliver the meal yourself or here are a few restaurants who offer boxed meals with delivery to Cornerstone:
- Panera Bread, West 78th St, Richfield – 651-286-5155
- Davanni’s, 8605 Lyndale Ave. S, Bloomington – 952-888-6232
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop, 7644 Lyndale Ave, Richfield – 612-861-0980
- Jimmy Johns, 7815 Portland Ave S, Bloomington – 952-562-2800
To schedule a date please contact Crystal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email Cornerstone’s volunteer coordinator, Crystal, at Crystalk@cornerstonemn.org with questions about any of the above volunteer opportunities.
Cornerstone continues to provide critical supportive services to individuals and families in crisis. We need your continued financial support. Please consider making a donation to support victims / survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence, human trafficking and general crime at mightycause.com/organization/Cornerstone.
Due to COVID-19, we are limiting the items we are able to accept. We are unable to accept any items not listed below. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for thinking of Cornerstone. We are focused on maintaining high quality, essential services at this time, and want to support our staff and volunteers by focusing on only the most critical items.
We are only able to accept the following items at this time. Last updated 9/15/2021
- School supplies – see list (PDF) here
- Boxes of disposable masks for adults & children
- Women’s ankle sock multi-pack
- Women’s multi-pack bikini or similar underwear (sizes S – XXL)
- Women’s deodorant
- Family-sized body wash, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner
- Cleaning supplies (multi-surface cleaner, bathroom cleaner and paper towels)
- Laundry detergent
- Queen sheets and comforters
- $20-25 gift cards to big-box stores and grocery stores (Walmart, Target, Cub, etc.) so we can be flexible in meeting the most immediate needs of our participants
- Specific items from our 2021 Amazon Wish List
Donations may be dropped off at our Bloomington location Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. Please email Jennas@cornerstonemn.org once you’ve dropped off a donation so that we may record your gift and properly thank you. If you’d like to purchase items online and ship them to us, please use the following shipping address for Cornerstone:
Attn: Jenna S.
1000 East 80th Street
Bloomington, MN 55420
Cornerstone is unable to accept the following items at any time:
- Any used or gently-used items
- Any items with opened or damaged packaging
- Any items purchased more than one year ago
- Travel-sized personal care items
- Perishable food