Cornerstone is a $5M agency with approximately 90 employees. Our organization serves individuals impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking, with office locations in Bloomington, Minneapolis, and Brooklyn Center.
Cornerstone has developed one of the most comprehensive service continuums for victims of violence in Minnesota. Our services are designed to move individuals and families from crisis to safety, stabilization and security. Last year approximately 4,000 individuals accessed Cornerstone programming. In addition, through Cornerstone’s statewide Day One Crisis and Crime Victim Support lines, we provided services to over 20,000 persons via phone, text and chat. We are committed to providing opportunities for others to partner with us in this work and to convey, as a community, zero-tolerance for violence.
The Facilities Maintenance position is responsible for facilitating the ongoing upkeep and maintenance of all Cornerstone properties, including administrative offices, emergency shelter, and transitional housing units. This position will respond to both emergency maintenance needs and assist with implementing longer term projects across the organization. This position will report directly to our Director of Finance and Administration and will work collaboratively to create a safe, clean and inviting environment within all facilities.
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota
Salary: $21.00 – $23.00 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Date Posted: August 17, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the ongoing, emergency and preventative maintenance of all properties and equipment. This includes such things as: apartment turnovers, plumbing needs, preventative maintenance, installation/repair of window coverings/cabinets/light fixtures, heating/cooling, and electric.
- Coordinate all needs related to apartment turnovers, individually completing minor maintenance repairs, such as lock changes, installation of window coverings and replacing light fixtures, and paint touch up as needed. This also includes working with vendors on larger needs (electric, plumbing, carpet cleaning, and heating/cooling)..
- Maintain upkeep of Cornerstone vehicles and scheduling needed preventative maintenance.
- Maintain sidewalks by shoveling and distributing salt as needed throughout winter season.
- Coordinate and prioritize daily and seasonal projects to assure timely completion.
- Train and oversee specific volunteer maintenance projects as they occur.
- Arrange schedule/monitor contracts with outside contractors/vendors or services when necessary; obtain bids in accordance with financial policies.
- Order, purchase, and pick up approved parts and equipment.
- Maintain updated vendor list for staff that provides necessary access to services for after hours, weekends and holiday emergencies
- Meets with appropriate participants and officials regarding inspections of properties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Willing to take on new tasks and learn new skills.
- Work collaboratively across internal programs.
- Attend program meetings as requested by supervisor.
- Participates on internal CAS committees as assigned.
- Attends all staff meetings & trainings; position specific.
- Provides support and/or attends Cornerstone events throughout the year, as requested by supervisor.
- Support CAS marketing initiatives i.e. CAS/Elevator speech.
- Promote CAS mission & philosophy.
- Displays high ethical/professional standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Flexibility in daily scheduling is necessary. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess experience and knowledge in all areas of general maintenance. Must possess mechanical ability, with a boiler license preferred. Prefer background in property maintenance as well as transitional housing experience. Ability to work with diverse populations. Must have a reliable car, valid driver’s license, and insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use manual dexterity for use of objects, tools or controls as well as visual acuity. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee should always request assistance if any object needs to be and the employee feels that their capabilities are such that the specific item to be lifted is beyond the employees abilities. No employee should attempt to lift more than what is comfortable for them. If such a situation should arise the employee should notify their supervisor to find help with lifting any item regardless of weight if the object to be lifted is awkward or difficult to lift in any way.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, familial or marital status, and/or with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. These statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Cornerstone offers generous wages and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
You can also download Cornerstone’s employment application (PDF) and submit the completed application, resume and cover letter to Jobs@cornerstonemn.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Only applications with a completed form, resume and cover letter will be reviewed.
No agencies; no walk-ins; and no phone calls please. The Jobs@cornerstonemn.org email is only for receiving resumes. No additional information is known about open positions. Qualified applicants will be contacted after resumes are reviewed.