Cornerstone is a $5M agency with approximately 90 employees. Our organization serves individuals impacted by domestic violence, sexual violence and human trafficking, with office locations in Bloomington, Minneapolis, and Brooklyn Center.
Cornerstone has developed one of the most comprehensive service continuums for victims of violence in Minnesota. Our services are designed to move individuals and families from crisis to safety, stabilization and security. Last year approximately 4,000 individuals accessed Cornerstone programming. In addition, through Cornerstone’s statewide Day One Crisis and Crime Victim Support lines, we provided services to over 20,000 persons via phone, text and chat. We are committed to providing opportunities for others to partner with us in this work and to convey, as a community, zero-tolerance for violence.
The Accounting Associate will be primarily responsible for two critical functions within the organization: providing clinical billing support and providing general administrative support through accounting and data entry.
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota
Salary: $18.75 Per Hour
Position Type: Full Time
Required Experience: 2 – 5 years
Required Education: Associate Degree
Date Posted: July 2, 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Accounting and General Administrative Support
- Provide bookkeeping, general ledger account reconciliation (A/R Schedules, etc.) and data entry as assigned
- Take lead in organizing accounting and funder files within organization
- Assist in tracking information for Cornerstone’s rental properties by recording rent rolls, preparing files for and attending lease signings, and drafting appropriate letters
- Assist in housing reporting (PORT, Hennepin County, etc.)
- Process credit card donations
- Return calls to vendors regarding sales, etc.
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Process bi-weekly accounts payable as well as manual checks as needed
- Review timesheets and calculate monthly %’s
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Reconcile petty cash monthly
- Creates, formats, types, and revises reports, forms, etc.
- Work closely with Emergency Fund/General Crime Advocate to validate and process Emergency Crime Victim Funds Applications within the required time.
- Other duties as assigned
Electronic Health Records
- Provide administrative support for Empathic billing system/services
- Work collaboratively across internal programs.
- Attend program meetings/trainings as needed or requested.
- Participate on internal CAS committees as assigned.
- Attend all staff meetings & trainings; position specific.
- Provide support, as needed, for Cornerstone events throughout the year, ie volunteer recognition, Holiday Shop, DV Awareness Month, etc.
- Promote CAS mission & philosophy.
- Display high ethical/professional standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other qualifications include
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel, and utilization in internet search engines
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent Organizational skills and ability to both work independently and part of a team.
Associate’s degree in accounting, business management, or related education and 2 years’ experience. Excellent communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft applications, the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines are a must. Knowledge of the MIP accounting system and ADP payroll system preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities and those who may be Deaf/Hard of Hearing, to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use manual dexterity for use of objects, tools or controls as well as visual acuity. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee should always request assistance if any object needs to be lifted and the employee feels that their capabilities are such that the specific item to be lifted is beyond the employees abilities. No employee should attempt to lift more than what is comfortable for them. If such a situation should arise the employee should notify their supervisor to find help with lifting any item regardless of weight if the object to be lifted is awkward or difficult to lift in any way.
Cornerstone strives for a fully inclusive work environment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, familial or marital status, and/or with regard to public assistance or any other characteristic. These statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of this position; rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Cornerstone is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Cornerstone offers generous wages and excellent benefits.
How to Apply
You can also download Cornerstone’s employment application (PDF) and submit the completed application, resume and cover letter to Jobs@cornerstonemn.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Only applications with a completed form, resume and cover letter will be reviewed.
No agencies; no walk-ins; and no phone calls please. The Jobs@cornerstonemn.org email is only for receiving resumes. No additional information is known about open positions. Qualified applicants will be contacted after resumes are reviewed.