Over the past several months, Cornerstone’s staff has been hard at work in preparation for the launch of our new website. In partnership with our web designer, we evaluated what worked and what didn’t in our previous website. Ultimately, we ended up reframing how we present our services to the people who are looking for safety, support and resources. We hope the site is welcoming, accessible, inclusive, calming and helps to quickly answer your questions about Cornerstone.
Here’s a few new features we’re excited to have in the website:
- A Frequently Asked Questions page so potential participants can have some of their most immediate questions answered right away – even before reaching out to us by phone.
- Accessibility tools built into the site so all users can get the information they need. The website has been created observing best practices for accessibility to those needing auditory, gross motor and visual enhancements.
- More quotes and stories from participants so people can more easily identify if Cornerstone is a good fit for them and their family.
- Greater focus on our General Crime Victim Services program – a newer and growing program for Minnesotans who’ve experience crime.
- A page for media to learn about Cornerstone and connect with us for stories, articles and quotes.
- This blog section that will include news, stories, quotes and other timely information about Cornerstone, our staff and the people we serve.
- The ability to subscribe to Cornerstone’s monthly e-newsletter directly from our website.
We hope you enjoy the new website. Please send feedback to Jennas@cornerstonemn.org.